Sing now, die later
I just finally read Sam Quiñones‘ “Sing Now, Die Later” articles at the LA Weekly, published back in 1998. Most of his articles for the LA Weekly concern the spread of narcocorridos in Los Angeles. He even published a book, True Tales from Another México, on the matter and I might buy it.
Here’s the list of his articles on published in the LA Weekly:
- “Sing Now, Die Later,” part I and II, both published July 29, 1998
- “Corridos Prohibidos,” on Los Tigres del Norte, published November 4, 1998
- “Law and Disorder,” apparently (I have to read it) on La ley de Herodes, published March 22, 2000
- “Home, Tense Home,” on the relationship between clubes, published March 6, 2002
- “Los Chalinillos,” about the rise of Chalino copycats, published March 18, 2004
I now have some reading for my intersession.